Got a tip?: tips@bullonthestreet.com
Email: info@bullonthestreet.com

Investing in the Future of Renewable Energy

In a world where energy consumption needs only grow, non-renewable fossil fuels such as gasoline and coal will eventually become scarce.  Petrol-king BP stated back in 2014 that the world had 53.3 years left until the oil supply runs dry, which Americans consume over 140 billion gallons of a year.  Bloomberg New Energy Finance predicts that 50% of the world will be using renewable energy sources by 2050.

This nearing phenomenon leads to a troubling question, what do we do when the oil is gone?

For investors, if we read between the lines, the only alternative to non-renewable energy is Alternative and Renewable sources such as wind or solar energy.  There are already a wide-variety of electronic and solar cars as well as solar options for residential and commercial buildings.

Companies such as Tesla, the well known producers of the Model S and X cars, already has their foot in the door for the alternative energy market.  Tesla is developing solar roof tiles that are said to be affordable for the average homeowner, as well as provide energy savings and carbon footprint reduction across users.  This technology is exciting as the current solar panel systems tend to be pricey and normally are not financially beneficial until after a few years.

There are also many exchange-traded funds or ETFs that have emerged with interests in alternative energy companies.  ETFs essentially group together shares from different companies across a sector so performance isn’t dependent on one company’s performance.

iShares Global Clean Energy ETF (NASDAQ:ICLN) has holdings in 31 clean energy companies listed in the S&P Global Clean Energy Index as well as other companies.  90% of the funds are concentrated in assets from the index, while the other 10% may be in future or options.

 

 

 

This article has been provided by a Bulls On The Street contributor. All content submitted by this author represent their personal opinions, and should be considered as such for entertainment purposes only. All opinions expressed are those of the writer, and may not necessarily represent fact, opinions, or bias of Bulls On The Street. We do NOT hold any stock or shares of the aforementioned companies. Investing in securities, including the securities of those companies profiled or discussed on this website is for individuals tolerant of high risks. Viewers should always consult with a licensed securities professional before purchasing or selling any securities of companies profiled or discussed on Bullsonthestreet.com. It is possible that a viewer’s entire investment may be lost or impaired due to the speculative nature of the companies profiled. Remember, never invest in any security of a company profiled or discussed on this website unless you can afford to lose your entire investment. Bullsonthestreet.com makes no recommendation that the securities of the companies profiled or discussed on this website should be purchased, sold or held by viewers that learn of the profiled companies through our website.

Leave a Comment